I started this blog to help me make lemonade from life’s lemons. I did not imagine I would have other people joining me in my endeavours along the way. This really is becoming the haven that I had hoped it would be, with friends dropping by too! Thank you for being here.
To make this blogging thing even more special, I was nominated for two blog awards! Whatever you think of blog awards, I have to admit that when I was told I’d been nominated, it made my week. It’s really heart warming to have another person appreciate this little project of mine. So I am gladly accepting these from two bloggers who have been kindly encouraging me along the way. I hope you’re prepared to browse the treasure trove of blogs I am hauling in below!
My heartfelt thanks to Ziggy of ziggyshortcrust, for the Liebster Award. I have featured Ziggy’s magical blog here. It is full of her characterful drawings – there is no limit to her imagination! Please sit yourself down with a good cup of something comforting and get yourself over for a good read.
And thank you so much to Mags of Modgam’s Playground, for the Sunshine Award. Mags is someone with indomitable style and a vivaciousness that cheers me up every time I hear from her. If you would love “fashion, food, fun” Mags has it in bucket loads!
And to pay it forward I would like to nominate the following blogs for the awards:
Three bloggers who inspire me
- The Artshed – a shed where art is done
- samferðafólk – portraits of ‘same journey people’
- Martin’s Doodles – “Compulsive drawer based in London”
Three bloggers who bring sunshine to my day
- Mister G – a 100% true comic about stuff kids say in elementary school
- hungry for home – a photographic project to collect recipes and stories that bring nostalgic memories of home
- Vague Memories – a simple but charming photojournal
My apologies that I haven’t followed the rules 100%. As my punishment, I’m going to allow myself to only answer six of the sunshine award questions about me me me:
- Favourite colour: Grey paired with white – it still feels like winter here.
- Favourite animal: Horse, although I’m not really an “animal person”.
- Favourite drink: Tea – a strong Earl Grey please 😉
- My passion: People, eating together and beautiful things.
- Favourite day of the week: Friday – the weekend is still ahead of me
- Favourite flower: Peonies – the first time I met one, it was a soft-pink ping pong ball… when I got home from work the next day, it had exploded into this mass of powder pink petals. I have been in love ever since.